Able To Download!

Lewis Croll trowerblues at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 6 03:16:54 PDT 2015

>Hi Lewis (and Steve)
>Yes Steve, you're right, I missed the Command Line instruction!
>You can set modes from the Command Line for example:
>get_iplayer --modes=best --pid=p02tw8xk
>This will download the "best" version available for the programme, HD if
available, otherwise SD.
>or
>get_iplayer --modes=flashhd --pid=p02tw8xk

>This will download the HD version of the programme, if available. The
>only problem is, that if you specify this and there is only a Standard
>Definition version available, then the system will return the error
>message you have seen. For this reason, I favour using the "best" mode.

>To check the preferences you need to go to your user folder (if you've
>followed the default installation then it will be located in the
>"c:\users\xxxxx\.get_iplayer" folder. You will see a file there called
>"options" which can be opened using a text editor such as Notepad. That
>will show you relevant entries (if any) which specify a default download
>mode. I know it takes some wading through but it's worth looking at the
>Documentation at https://squarepenguin.co.uk/wiki/documentation/. This
>gives you the full low down on the many options available, the relevant
>section to look at is "Saving Settings".

>In the meantime, try
>get_iplayer --modes=best --pid=p02tw8xk
>and see how you get on.
>All the best.
>Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your help, I have finally got it working again! When I went to the 'iplayer folder' there was no file called options so I deleted the lot, uninstalled the entire program, reinstalled and now it works! I used the command you provided- ('get_iplayer --modes=best --pid=********') so would recommend this to anyone who is having similar issues!

Thanks for your assistance

Cheers
Lewis