Changes at BBC Resulting in PVR Duplicates

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Fri Jul 3 16:25:39 PDT 2015

On Wed Jul 1 11:11:51 BST 2015, Jeremy Nicoll wrote:

> the search logic is only looking at the main part
> of the programme/podcast's title,
> not the episode name as well?
> For gip searches of radio/tv caches you can specify  --long
> to have searches look at more fields, or even specific fields
> with  --fields...
> maybe it's the same for podcasts?

Many thanks Jeremy for your guidance!
After some tests, I found that either of

get_iplayer --type=podcast --long "The Early Music Show Medieval Dance"
get_iplayer --type=podcast --fields=episode "Medieval Dance"

narrows it down to:

Matches:
222134: The Early Music Show - Medieval Dance, Sun, 26 Apr 2015 01:00:00
+0100,
BBC Radio 3, Music

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes

Cheers,