Post-processing

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Tue Jan 6 08:12:23 PST 2015

"Al Feersum" <al.feersum at gmail.com> wrote:

> So what I want to do is to get GiP to generate a 'doze event log entry
> after the download process (incl. conversion, tagging and metadata file
> gen) has completed, so I can trigger a task scheduler process to
> post-process the data and move it to the right location.

Involving the event log seems to me to be unnecessarily complicated.  If you
have G_ip put your downloaded files into a folder that's only used for those
files, then you could just run a command on a timer that moves anything that
happens to be in that folder, though of course you need to try to move only
files that are not in the process of being downloaded (so eg don't process a
file with a .partial. name.)

I'm not sure I'd do it at all though, because I find I always want to sanity
check the size of fetched files, and for TV programmes I always load what's
arrived into VLC and make sure that the end credits are actually there.

I fetch files with a "$GRAB" prefix on their names that shows me that the
file that's arrived has not yet been checked; when I'm sure a file is ok I
strip that off.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.