Use First Broadcast Date in Filenames? Capitalisation?

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Sat Jan 3 14:23:02 PST 2015

"C E Macfarlane" <c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk> wrote:

>> JN wrote:
>>     You code a --fileprefix   argument detailing which bits of
>>     info you want in
>>     what order, mixing literal values and symbolic ones as you
>>     desire.
>
>Yes thanks, I already knew how to do that

Well maybe you should have said that.

> I just didn't think that there was a field for the first broadcast date,
> but, as Don has explained, there is.

As indeed my example showed.  I'm not sure if there's a list (outwith the
perl source) of all the symbols that one can use.  The last set of release
notes described quite a few more, if I remember right, and there's also
modifiers one can use within some of them eg to influence things like how
many digits will be used to list a series number.

IIRC one can call g_ip with a --info  argument and that will cause all the
possible metadata values applicable to whatever programmes are implied to be
listed to the terminal (so maybe best used from a CLI call of g_ip).  I
think I found that if you do that on a search which would normally only look
in a cache file, G_ip will also look online for the metadata that would
otherwise not be retrieved until one tried to fetch the file.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.