bbc changed from mp3 to .m4a

CJB chrisjbrady at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 04:35:24 PST 2015

But ... I tried using aactomp3 and it really lengthens the downloading
process if you are running a PVM script. With this a file is first of
all downloaded - which can take some time depending upon bandwidth -
then the file is converted to MP3 - then the next file is downloaded
etc. The aactomp3 conversion process can take some time during which
there is no need for a connection to the server so the connection can
sometimes time out; so the next attempted download fails.

I download without aactomp3 and then do a batch conversion run with an
audio conversion app.

CJB