Post-processing

Dave Liquorice allsorts at howhill.com
Thu Feb 19 14:43:29 PST 2015

On Thu, 8 Jan 2015 16:55:49 +0000, Jon Davies wrote:

> On 8 January 2015 at 15:29, Al Feersum <al.feersum at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The generic XML metadata contains a lot more information than the xbmc
>> .nfo files generated with GiP
>
> I've never investigated increasing the amount of data in the nfo files
> that xbmc generates, but that could probably be done fairly
> straightforwardly if the data exists in get-iplayer anyway.  The
> question is what would be useful? and how should it appear in the .nfo
> file?

Just got around to looking at what is in the GiP generated .nfo and what
XBMC/Kodi can handle. Lots of things... sorry.

No initial "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>"
header line, not that I've noticed Kodi complaining.

For "Episodes" ie those programmes that are part of a series and use the
<episodedetails> block.

<title> Currently has both Series and Episode names. eg:
<title>Map Man: Series 2 - 7. Mrs P's A-Z</title>
This is rather long for display in most places in Kodi, just the episode
name is required:
<title>Mrs P's A-Z</title>.

<rating> Best not to set at all rather than to "10.00", IMHO.

<credits> and <studio> I think can be set the same and to the channel the
programme was broadcast on ie "BBC Four".

<aired> Set to most recent broadcast date.
<premiered> Set to first broadcast date.
<year> Set to the year of first broadcast.
If those dates are available ...  B-)

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files is a reasonable place to start looking, I'll
admit to struggling the Kodi's insistance of "classifying" everything, very
limiting IMHO.

--
Cheers
Dave.