Another download failure ...

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Tue Feb 17 21:25:07 PST 2015

On Mon Feb 16 23:14:16 GMT 2015, Jeremy Nicoll wrote:

> I have a feeling that the standard installer allows one to
> - open a command window
> - set the current directory to wherever get_iplayer is
>    installed to (or maybe run a batch file that does these
>    two things for you resulting in a command window that's
>    got the right directory preset), or maybe the directory
>    that matters is where perl is installed - dunno
>  - issue a command

My "Get_iPlayer.lnk" desktop shortcut created by the installer
actually executes this:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k get_iplayer.cmd --search dontshowanymatches
&& get_iplayer.cmd --help

i.e. calls the get_iplayer.cmd, located inside the installation directory:

@echo off
perl.exe get_iplayer.pl %*

perl.exe and the main perl script (get_iplayer.pl)
reside inside the same installation directory.

The batch file refreshes the tv cache, if it's more than 4h old,
then proceeds to display basic help.
Working directory is (win32):

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer>

then I'm ready to type/paste my commands!

Cheers!