BBC Dropping MP3 and garbled downloads ....

roadcone roadcone at gmx.com
Tue Feb 17 12:09:09 PST 2015

On 17/02/15 19:15, Christopher Woods wrote:
> Has anyone else observed any glitchy/skippy/odd on-demand files since my
> last reply to the thread? Trying to get a large enough sample set, I
> can't possibly listen to everything... ;-)
>
> Chris

For many months, probably since the middle of last year, I have noticed
this effect on random programs downloaded in UK as aacstd files. Some
way in, perhaps 15/20 minutes, the sound sounds as though the sound has
been momentarily interrupted. The interruptions get longer and increase
in frequency then reduce. The whole thing lasts less than a minute and I
don't recall two such instances in one program.

Problem is ... I don't listen to programs in order so I am not sure
whether it was a problem which has now ended or whether it is still
happening.

Clive