Query re BBC On Demand Radio

Prisca prisca at leonin.co.uk
Tue Feb 17 07:53:30 PST 2015

I don't fully understand how get_iplayer works, even though I have
managed to learn how to use it - mostly.

I do, however, have a question as to what is likely to happen at the end
of February when the WMA/AAC streams for on demand radio are turned off.
Will this have any impact on get_iplayer? I've never really figured out
where the streams I download actually come from.

Sorry to sound dense, but some of us only manage to get things working
by trial and error and keeping our fingers crossed. A very simple
explanation would be much appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who is responsible for get_iplayer. It really is a
very useful program to have found since the demise of Radio Downloader.

Thanks
Prisca