Another download failure ...

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Mon Feb 16 09:18:07 PST 2015

CJB <chrisjbrady at gmail.com> wrote:

>Running the PVR list I got...
>
>the_drift_name_radio
>Matches:
>12917:	The Drift - 15/02/2015, BBC Radio Lancashire,
>
>INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
>WARNING: Could not download programme metadata from
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02j6j0x.xml
>
>ERROR: Failed to get version pid metadata from iplayer site
>
>WARNING: PVR Run: the_drift_name_radio: 1 download failure(s)
>
>===
>
>Any ideas please?

As ever, as someone who doesn't use the PVR and doesn't know how easily you
can influence the commands it issues, I tried to fetch this using a normal
command-line command.  My command included the  --verbose  switch to get
more info:

INFO: Loaded history for first check.
INFO: Loading recordings history
INFO: Programme not in history
INFO: iPlayer metadata URL = http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/p02j6j0x
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/p02j6j0x
INFO: iPlayer metadata URL (JSON) =
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02j6j0x/playlist.json
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02j6j0x/playlist.json
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02j6j0x.rdf
INFO: Getting page
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/4/mtis/stream/p02j6j0z?cb=57876
INFO: Found mode wma1: (stream-world-audio_streaming_wma_world) mms wma9
48kbps stream (CDN: asx/10)
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02j6j0z.rdf
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02j6j0x
INFO: Programme not in history
INFO: Will search for versions: default
INFO: Mode list: flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashaudio,flashaaclow
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: Version = default
INFO: No specified modes (flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashaudio,flashaaclow)
available for this programme with version 'default' (try using --modes=wma)
ERROR: Failed to record 'The Drift - 15/02/2015 (p02j6j0x)'

That shows that the only place G_iP was able to find a source for this
programme is as a WMA stream (wma1), which isn't one of the 'modes' that
G_iP was hoping to find (ie: flashaachigh, flashaacstd, flashaudio,
flashaaclow).

I don't know whether this means the BBC haven't made it available in any of
the non-streaming formats, or whether this is an example of playlists etc
not being parsed properly.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.