Radio categories

YellowYeti yellow.yeti at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 18:06:51 PST 2015

On 14/02/2015 01:51, M Clark wrote:
>> Sent: Friday, February 13, 2015 at 2:01 PM
>> From: Steve <yellow.yeti at gmail.com>
>> To: get_iplayer <get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org>
>> Subject: Radio categories
>>
>> if I search for radio programmes with a category of drama:
>>
>> get_iplayer  --test --type=radio --category="Drama"
>>
>> I get returned:
>> get_iplayer 2.91-ppa21, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
>>    This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
>>    This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
>>    conditions; use --conditions for details.
>>

>> INFO: 0 Matching Programmes
>>
>> ( get_iplayer *. --test --type=radio --category="Drama" also returns 0
>> matching )
>>
>> if I go to list available categories for radio:
>>
>> get_iplayer --list=categories --type=radio
>>
>> no categories are returned, while if i do the same for --type=tv I get
>> the usual suspects.
>>
>> Have the recent spate of changes caused this to stop working, or am I
>> doing something stupid?
>>
> Categories for radio programmes were lost when the BBC changed their feeds last November, so, no, you aren't doing anything stupid. :-)
>
> You can verify this by looking at the Web PVR (http://localhost:1935/).
>
> Regards.

Ah, missed that bit of collateral damage when the November bomb hit.
Thanks for that.

What I'm trying to do is to grab some stand-alone audio dramas for my
mp3 player, to listen to when I go walking. My original idea was to
convince the pvr to record radio drama that didn't have an 'Episode a of
b' expression in the description - but the category issue seems to have
put paid to that. Any clever suggestions on alternative ways to get the
pvr to do what I want?