Synology

Dennis Smith m1dlguk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 18:16:17 PST 2015

Thanks everyone. This is good news. Just to clear things up. Synology
encurrage development on their devices. These are fantastic bits of
kit that run a fine tuned Linux OS with a web-interface instead of a
monitor port. They have there own installable applications including
(but not limited to) CCTV monitor and back up, bittorrent host and
client, HHTP server, PHP bulletinboard, DHCP server, NTP server,. FTP
server....... You see where I'm going with this, the list of web
applications it cannot do is shorter than the one listing things it
can. The one task I want when I pop in a couple of 6TB drive in to it
is add Get_iPlayer to the routine tasks I want it to handle.

I'm going to do some digging hoping for a one click install like the
other applications but I suspect this will not be quite so easy. If
Dinky has time I hope he replies too.

Dennis Smith
M1DLG