Controlling intermediate files.

Treacle Pudding xmas.excess at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 06:40:48 PST 2015

HI all,
Happy new year.

First, a preemptive apology. Sorry - I'm sure that this question has
been asked before, but I've searched the list archive and can't find
it (or an answer).

So..when downloading a radio program,  get_iplayer runs rtmpdump and
creates a "*partial.m4a.flv"  file then ffmpeg copies it to
"*partial.m4a" then AtomicParsley adds tags and creates *.m4a".  My
question is then, can the first two files be directed to a different
location than the final output?  e.g. a ram-disk or /tmp

Thanks in advance,

B.