OT: Help with Broken Downloads Please

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Wed Dec 23 15:08:23 PST 2015

On 23/12/15 02:57, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
> On Wed Dec 23 02:36:35 GMT 2015, I wrote:
>> The fatal error
>> [aac @ <random string>] Error decoding AAC frame header.
>> always shows up in the logs posted there (and here...).
>
> ... And I forgot to quote (it's quite late here now!) the following,
> even more serious, error:
>> [NULL <random string>] Error parsing ADTS frame header!
>> Failed to open bitstream filter aac_adtstoasc for stream 0 with codec
>> copy: Invalid data found when processing input
>
> which appears at:
>
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2015-December/008501.html
>
> and http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2015-December/029739.html
>
> V.

Hi Vangelis,
An erudite explanation and constructive assistance as usual, for which
very many thanks.  There may not be enough Tea Cakes in Scotland but
none will reach you till I know where to send them!

I have been busy on other things so will not have time to try your last
suggestions until the Holiday.  Meanwhile thanks for the research on the
programme material.  I do have the downloads of CPE Bach CoW from
December 2015 but these are new  "episodes" and sadly I cannot find the
2014 repeats of what I have mangled, possibly my system was down at the
time.  I will keep trying to recover and let you know how I get on.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.
Regards,
Budge