OT Help with broken downloads

Clive roadcone at gmx.com
Tue Dec 22 13:53:45 PST 2015

On 22/12/15 21:20, Vangelis forthnet wrote:

 > Where you using a separate extraction step in order to produce the
 > ".aac" files compatible with former player? (... and was it true that
 > although ".aac" would play on it, ".m4a" would not? Just being
curious, that's all!)

My old Samsung would play both aac and m4a as downloaded from Auntie
using gip and with no additional processing step. The newer Sony won't
play BBC/gip aac but will play music aac files from other sources. Also,
the Sony will play native gip/BBC m4a or aac transcoded to m4a.

The aac files I have are older ones from a time when gip naturally
produced that format.

Clive