Can I run AtomicParsley on GiP downloaded .m4a files?

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Mon Dec 7 09:19:59 PST 2015

On 01/12/15 10:07, Budge wrote:
> On 01/12/15 00:46, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
>> On Mon Nov 30 23:50:55 GMT 2015, Budge wrote:
>>
>>> Totally brilliant I have been able to tag
>>> all the files not yet moved to NAS
>>> (snip)
>>> I have some video mp4 files which were not tagged.
>>> Again what is (the) command line for tagging these please?
>> The same logic should apply for TV files, as long as:
>> 1. Reside in (or get transferred to) the original downloads folder
>> 2. Possess the original filename, which should contain the pid
>> (8 character) string.
>> 3. Appear in your history file
>>
>> then "tag from history" via:
>>
>> get_iplayer --history pid:xxxxxxxx --tag-only --tag-podcast-tv

[snip]

Just to let you know again this facility is totally brilliant.  (And
will be better when newest GiP is available I understand.) Meanwhile my
history file has survived most of my crashes.

I have spent a good deal of time running --tag-only on my several
hundred problem files.  It seems that the moov atom is put at the start
during this process, at least many files which stalled my server/player
system are now working fine.  I think that was the problem.

I now have only a few which are clearly damaged.  Some I have binned as
not worth the effort and I have a couple which I am working on.  Will
call for help if I get stuck.

Meanwhile working on how to export Tea Cakes to Greece!!!
Budge