Stalled TV downloads

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Sat Dec 5 16:32:07 PST 2015

Is anyone else having problems with stalled TV downloads?

I use a batch file which is fired off at specific times of the day to
download TV programmes. The batch file reads a text file which contains
the list of programme names/PIDs to be downloaded - I set up the text
file daily in advance (or a few days ahead if I'm not going to be around
to check the results).

I've been doing this for a long time now without problems, but the last
3 or 4 weeks I've been having occasional problems where the download
will stall partway through a programme, which then screws up successive
downloads. This first manifested itself when I was on my journey from
the UK to the Philippines which meant I had some sorting out to do
(accessing my UK PC remotely from the Philippines). Since then it seems
to hiccup every 2 or 3 days or so. Only TV downloads are affected.
Nothing has changed at my end, so I'm a bit puzzled and I'm wondering
whether anyone has had this experience?

Thanks

Alan