pop art

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Sun Aug 23 04:39:41 PDT 2015

In article <20150823101651.A7692203A5 at orac.inputplus.co.uk>, Ralph
Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Jim,

> > The bbc.co.uk /popart URL took me to a /programmes/p02yt4dz page.

> To save those playing along at home to have to manually do it:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02yt4dz

OK. I'll assume below that people will have followed that link and see the
resulting page.

> > But others have different "articles/....." formats with loooong
> > 'random' alphanumeric sequences.

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5pN6fKVhx1wYhVXtkjWwPFS/pop-art-season
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/SWCNr4H7s764wwpR7yQxTf/andy-warhol-louis-xiv-sun-kings

> Are they not pages listing programmes and their PIDs?

Need to unpick that as the detail vary...

The p02yt4dz page shows a series of images with links.

*Some* of the links go direct to 'normal' iplayer programme/<pid> pages
from which I can get the pid. But...

Some other go to pages with no video/audio, just images and text. For those
I obviously won't expect a pid useful by get_iplayer as they have no
video/audio.

However some go to pages *with* video or audio. But these *don't* all have
a URL of the 'programmes/<pid>' format. They have an 'articles/<long
string>' format. I can click on the embedded player controls but I don't
see a pid I can use with get_iplayer. So I can use the BBC iplayer on the
page, but not fetch using get_iplayer. Am I missing something?

Jim