loss of podcast feeds?

Peter Selley peterselley2 at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 13 01:59:32 PDT 2015

thank you both very much appreciate. I had located some of the
individual pids but the extra syntax restores some of the previous
functionality at least, albeit now much more complicated following the
Beeb's changes.
What I had found useful before was searching say, the In our Time
podcasts for a particular topic (has Melvyn done a programme on
Socrates say?) so inputting

 get_iplayer --type=podcast "socrates" --long

would locate any (as well as any other podcast series covering same
topic). But I think searches have to be more manual within podcast
series on the BBC iplayer website as far as I understand it.

I can also see it would be easy to download hundreds of podcasts one
wouldn't want by using the pid method. I think there is a way in GiP
to do a dummy run using the --pid=XXXXXXXX method...