Coast issues

Charlie Heard charlieheard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 04:52:22 PDT 2015

Hi,

Just come back off holiday, and I'm trying to catch up on things. I'm
getting errors trying to get the latest Coast episodes 4 & 5.

I ran the PVR download, and it completed Coast very quickly - the file was
tiny. I've tried running it from the command line in Win7x64, and it starts
fine. It will download for several seconds at 1.4Mb, then it will slow to a
crawl, timeout, restart a few times and then crash rtmpdump. Sometimes it
gets to 15%, sometimes to 1%. If I close get_iplayer  while it's retrying, I
can get it do download several more percent at high speed before slowing
again. In this way, I managed to get close to 40%.

I've tried downloading the latest Windows install and reinstalling
get_iplayer and rtmpdump, even though they were up to date. An example log
is below. I originally tried with "mode=best", and changed it to see if that
cured it.

Does anyone have any ideas why it should be behaving like this after a week
away?

Thanks
Charlie

get_iplayer v2.94, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
--warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: Episode-only pid detected
INFO: Trying pid: b06451nm using type: tv
INFO Trying to stream pid using type tv
INFO: pid found in cache
Matches:
363:    Coast: Series 10 - The Irish Sea, BBC Two England, , default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashhd2 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashhd2 mode to record tv: Coast: Series 10 - 4. The Irish Sea
INFO: File name prefix = Coast_Series_10_-_4._The_Irish_Sea_b06451nm_default
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata:
INFO:   duration              3559.08
INFO:   moovPosition          36.00
INFO:   width                 1280.00
INFO:   height                720.00
INFO:   videocodecid          avc1
INFO:   audiocodecid          mp4a
INFO:   avcprofile            100.00
INFO:   avclevel              41.00
INFO:   aacaot                2.00
INFO:   videoframerate        25.00
INFO:   audiosamplerate       48000.00
INFO:   audiochannels         2.00
INFO: trackinfo:
INFO:   length                88977000.00
INFO:   timescale             25000.00
INFO:   language              und
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            avc1
INFO:   length                170834944.00
INFO:   timescale             48000.00
INFO:   language              und
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            mp4a
53542.967 kB / 183.08 sec (5.1%)
ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 10054 (46 bytes)
ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 72073
53553.264 kB / 183.08 sec (5.1%)
Download may be incomplete (downloaded about 5.10%), try resuming
INFO: Command exit code 2 (raw code = 512)
WARNING: Retry recording for 'Coast: Series 10 - 4. The Irish Sea
(b06451nm)'
INFO: File name prefix = Coast_Series_10_-_4._The_Irish_Sea_b06451nm_default
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Resuming download at: 52747.399 kB / 180.000 sec (5.0%)
[...]
WARNING: Stream does not start with requested frame, ignoring data...
WARNING: Stream does not start with requested frame, ignoring data...
65860.485 kB / 224.98 sec (6.3%)
ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 91291
65879.942 kB / 224.98 sec (6.3%)
INFO: Connection timed out, trying to resume.

Resuming download at: 65879.942 kB / 180.000 sec (5.0%)
WARNING: HandleInvoke, Sanity failed. no string method in invoke packet
WARNING: HandleInvoke, Sanity failed. no string method in invoke packet
65879.942 kB / 180.00 sec (5.0%)
Download may be incomplete (downloaded about 5.00%), try resuming