Sampling frequency on Radio programmes - Taking it off topic

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 10:39:37 PDT 2015

In article
<CA+L9MatP2WJhyyPwsHX1KvR3MUFdPkYN4DLJFhFjzDpUt-b1BA at mail.gmail.com>,
   Kevin Lynch <klynchk at gmail.com> wrote:
> ...He can see the Frequency response on his Digital Audio Workstation
> and he's happy to replace the tonal characteristics as he knows what it
> would have sounded like then.

> I was prompted to think of the philosophical question
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus if you change all the parts
> of a ship is it the same ship.

My reaction was more practical, but heading in the same direction. I
thought "Well a Steinway sounds different to a Fazioli, and the same piano
sounds different when played in the RFH than in Wigmore Hall." :-)

So I suspect some measure of 'educated guess' is required on his part,
based on skill and good judgement.

Jim