Sampling frequency on Radio programmes - Taking it off topic

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 01:25:23 PDT 2015

In article
<CA+L9Mav+WTCNAAL+d6RVJ7+cT+ndXg3V4F+=xaobVqz6GZjDEw at mail.gmail.com>,
   Kevin Lynch <klynchk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Although this discussion is largely closed I just wanted to draw
> attention to  this show on R4 that investigates the whole "art" of
> remastering http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00s3h40 I have not listened
> to it yet but it's in my queue

Stretching the OT just a bit further...

Its an interesting programme. But for some strange reason it seems to
overlook the cases where a recording may have been 'remastered' to bypass
flaws in the earlier 'versions'. ;-> You can see one or two examples of
what I mean at

http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/HFN/HealthCheck/CD.html

...and alas I've also found a recent BBC Music Magazine cover CD with such
flaws. So, alas, the game isn't over.

Jim