get_iplayer 2.92 on Ubuntu vivid vervet

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Thu Apr 23 06:19:55 PDT 2015

On 22 April 2015 at 08:13, Tom <madtom1999 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I am of the opinion that the best way to do this thing is with git.
> A simple git pull and everything is up to date - unless of course you do
> multiuser machines ...

You're free to install get-iplayer any way that works for you.

I maintain a ppa (and a raspbian repository) because I find it much
easier to install packages the normal way, and apt-get installs the
dependencies for me as well.  And these versions provide some
configuration tweaks to take advantage of the features in the updated
and working versions of things like atomicparsley and rtmpdump, which
are also in the ppa.  Writing some /full/ installation instructions
for a git install as suggested would be considerably more complex than
installation from a ppa...

Cheers
Jon