problems downloading certain BBC radio 4 programmes

peter peterselley2 at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:59:14 PDT 2015

thanks, the verbose output seems to suggest it is ignoring it under my
setup since it thinks it's a future programme:

get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=b05pkpgg --radiomode=flashaac
--tag-podcast-radio --verbose
get_iplayer v2.92, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
--warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: encodinglocale = UTF-8
INFO: encodinglocalefs = UTF-8
INFO: encodingconsoleout = UTF-8
INFO: encodingconsolein = UTF-8
INFO: ${^UNICODE} = 0
INFO: User prefs dir: /home/peter/.get_iplayer
INFO: System options dir: /etc/get_iplayer/options
Current options:
	atomicparsley = /usr/bin/AtomicParsley
	encodingconsolein = UTF-8
	encodingconsoleout = UTF-8
	encodinglocale = UTF-8
	encodinglocalefs = UTF-8
	flvstreamer = /usr/bin/rtmpdump
	outputpodcast = /media/peter/My
Passport/Audacity-Podcast_files/get_iplayer/
	outputradio = /media/peter/My
Passport/Audacity-Podcast_files/get_iplayer/
	outputtv = /media/peter/My Passport/My recorded videos/
	packagemanager = apt
	pid = b05pkpgg
	radiomode = flashaac
	refreshfuture = 1
	rtmpdump = /usr/bin/rtmpdump
	tag_hdvideo = 1
	tag_longdesc = 1
	tag_podcast_radio = 1
	tag_utf8 = 1
	tvmode = flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh, iphone, flashlow,flashstd
	type = radio
	verbose = 1

INFO: Search args: ''
INFO: Will try prog types: radio
INFO: Loaded history for first check.
INFO: Loading recordings history
INFO: Programme not in history
INFO: Got 8511 file cache entries for radio
INFO: Ignoring Future Prog: '12736: Drama: The Left Hand of Darkness -
Episode 1 - 2015-04-18T21:00:00+01:00'

HOWEVER, I have just re-run it adding the --refresh --future option and
it has successfully downloaded it! Thank you all. Perhaps I need to add
that option as a permanent setting in my configuration (I seem to
recall this was an issue when the BBC changed things around in the
autumn)