Requests For Features

Kevin Lynch klynchk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 15:58:11 PDT 2015

Seeing as there is some sort of brainstorming going on.
One feature I'd like is the ability to define is a "plex" a grouping
of channels in the search options. Currently when I search I use these
terms frequently

"--channel="BBC one,BBC Two,BBC four,BBC Radio 4,BBC Radio 3,BBC Radio
Ulster" and
"--exclude-channel="S4C,BBC Scotland,BBC ALBA,Cbeebies,CBBC"
in this case my plex would be
preferred_channels_plex="BBC one,BBC Two,BBC four,BBC Radio 4,BBC
Radio 3,BBC Radio Ulster"
avoid_channels_plex="S4C,BBC Scotland,BBC ALBA,Cbeebies,CBBC"

Then when I search I could have

get_iplayer --type=radio,tv  --channel=preferred_channels_plex
--excludechannel=avoid_channels_plex --since 96
or
get_iplayer --type=radio,tv  --excludechannel=avoid_channels_plex --since 96