Requests For Features

Owen Smith owen.smith at cantab.net
Fri Apr 10 11:29:04 PDT 2015

320kbps HLS radio streams are live only. The Listen Again HLS streams are 128kbps, annoyingly even for Radio 3 HD which is still 320kbps on RTMP. It makes no sense but that's the way it is. On my SqueezeBox I can listen to any and all of these using the iPlayer and iPlayerExtras plugins, all open source community work.

Why would software for downloading BBC iPlayer content even consider downloading content for other TV and radio channels, which use different streaming standards and different schedule databases? That makes little sense.
--
Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net>
Cambridge, UK