Problems downloading Springwatch

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Fri Apr 3 19:38:26 PDT 2015

On Sat Apr 4 02:42:45 BST 2015, Alan Milewczyk wrote:

> Having problems downloading last night's episode of Springwatch.
> Whether I try to load by the programme name "Springwatch",
> PID or URL, I get the following message:
> (snip)
> WARNING: The 'default' programme version could not be determined
> WARNING: No programme versions found

Hello...
Always try to verify if the offendind programme does play
in a browser on the iPlayer site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05ps37q/springwatch-springwatch-at-easter

After the BBC Two ident (with the swan), you get:
"This content doesn't seem to be working. Please try again later".

GiP can't fetch a non-existing (yet?) stream...
For PID=b05ps37q => vPID=b05ps37j , but:

http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/5/select/version/2.0/mediaset/pc/vpid/b05ps37j

returns:
<mediaSelection><error id="selectionunavailable"/></mediaSelection>

 Better report this to BBC to expedite rectification (avenues of doing this
were discussed some weeks ago in the list - Twitter being the best...) -
I wouldn't expect much before the Easter holidays are over, though...

Happy Easter all (the Orthodox one is Apr 12th) !

Cheers,
Vangelis.