Solutions to loss of RSS feed

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Fri Oct 31 16:42:52 PDT 2014

Ian Macdonald <ianmac51 at gmail.com> wrote:

>I have always just used the command line, but the last option seems
>best, it depends on how much effort is required to reverse engineer
>the API...

The problem isn't the API, so far as I understand it. The problem is that
any request has to include a 'key'.  That's a number which the BBC will use
to associate such a request with the registered user/app that is making the
request.

Not only is it impossible for anyone outwith the BBC to get a registration
(and hence a key) at the moment, the comments made by someone at the BBC
which were posted in another thread suggest that they'd not grant a key to
an app like get_iplayer.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.