A message from Auntie

artisticforge . artisticforge at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 21:35:10 PDT 2014

Hello

well that means resurrecting Perl scripts to crawl the bbc web sites
find the media programs that equate to the get_iplayer PVR search
list, build yet another Perl script that is executed to download the
media programs.

this means alot of traffic for the bbc web pages.

my Sunday programs may be missing this coming weekend. ;-(

I would rather pay a subscription fee.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 9:55 PM, Dave Ford <wembleyford at gmail.com> wrote:
> As posted on the BBC Internet blog - from Jon Billings:
>
> 'In particular, the BBC does not sanction XBMC, get_iplayer or similar
> clients, and the iPlayer RSS feeds were never designed or intended to
> support them. Nitro will almost certainly not support their ways of
> working. We realise this comes as unwelcome news to users of these clients.
> The iPlayer team continues to work hard to maximise access to iPlayer
> across a wide range of platforms and devices.'
>
> Sad news.

terry l. ridder ><>