[ANN] get_iplayer search and PVR functions no longer work - no fix available

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 04:42:25 PDT 2014

On 30/10/2014 04:16, User Name wrote:
> I found that by co-opting (and modifying slightly the behaviour of) the --refreshfuture cmdline option, I was able to re-populate the cache with a fair amount of stuff. I have modified the 2.86 git version of the get_iplayer.pl script I have on Windows (precisely, from git branch f109d22).

If you're using this as a stopgap, keep in mind that it will only give
you programmes through the previous Monday. So, come Monday morning I
think your cache will become rather depleted again and most searches
will fail.  For programmes like Doctor Who with series stacking, the
latest episode may be available even if older.  And of course, this
breaks the "future" in --refreshfuture, though I doubt anyone is
concerned about that at the moment.