[ANN] get_iplayer search and PVR functions no longer work - no fix available

Budgie ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 04:09:01 PDT 2014

On 29/10/14 13:20, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> The BBC have removed the programme data feeds used by get_iplayer, so
> search and PVR functions no longer work. There is no programme
> information to cache, and it was the cache that supported search and PVR
> functions. There is no fix available at this time. You can still
> download individual programmes via PID or URL.
>
> http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/feeds

I wondered if something was wrong when I tried to get the radio index
yesterday and found only one programme!

The podcast index still works but then these podcasts are, I believe,
always available.

I have read but not studied the threads above concerning changes at the
BBC and I mentioned over a year ago the implications for possible future
encryption if they changed.  Looks like this may be happening by degree.
  meanwhile for a non coder, what is the best way find required PID or
URL to continue to get programmes while we can?