[ANN] get_iplayer search and PVR functions no longer work - no fix available

Paul Oldham paul at the-hug.org
Thu Oct 30 02:20:28 PDT 2014

On 29/10/14 22:29, Timothy wrote:

> dinkypumpkin: The BBC have removed the programme data feeds used by
> get_iplayer...
>
> Well crap. This means all the RSS feeds are now gone. I was already struggling
> with the new iPlayer interface before and was so glad for the RSS feeds. Now
> they just abruptly disappear and I'm left floundering. Lovely. Looking at the
> replacement for said feeds, there doesn't seem to be any information for
> end-user access. It's all developer-based.
>
> I guess this means I'll have to deal with the inherently visual nature of BBC
> iPlayer's site from now on? *sigh* This is what I get for being a complacent
> blindy...

I don't suppose there's any mileage in your pointing them in the
direction of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (Part III, section
19)[1]?

It wouldn't normally carry a lot of weight sadly but this is the BBC
we're talking about so you'd think they might pay some attention to it.
--
Paul

[1] http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1995/50/section/19