[ANN] get_iplayer search and PVR functions no longer work - no fix available

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Wed Oct 29 10:19:19 PDT 2014

dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:

>The BBC have removed the programme data feeds used by get_iplayer...

Hell.  Even if I have to resort to the BBC website to watch streamed
programmes, or use get_iplayer to download by pids researched online, the
programme data was invaluable for telling me about episodes of things that
had suddenly become available.

Does this mean that all the built-in iPlayer functionality on various
manufacturers' TVs etc has just ceased to work?  If I'd bought such a TV
I'd be feeling really annoyed at this point.

Maybe, if this IS the case, the flood of negative publicity that's likely to
ensue will make the BBC open up their new API more quickly.  (At the moment
the API is unusable without a key, and only internal BBC developers get to
register for such a key, so far as I can see.)

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.