[livetv] empty mode list?

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sat Oct 25 22:16:32 PDT 2014

On Sat Oct 25 16:18:25 BST 2014, dinkypumpkin wrote:

> The BBC has removed the resources get_iplayer used
> for live TV metadata

This is sad...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/simulcast/

was THE ONLY WAY one could watch in a browser the
Live TV RTMP streams (the kind of live TV streams that
GiP is able to record/stream).
The default streams you now get by visiting e.g.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcone

are the AdobeHDS ones, via HTTP protocol,
that currently GiP can't record...

> so it's kaput for the moment.
> There is no workaround AFAIK.

If I try:

get_iplayer --type=livetv --pid=bbc_one --modes=flashvhigh --force

INFO Trying to stream pid using type livetv
INFO: pid found in cache
Matches:
80003:  BBC One - live

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: No specified modes (flashvhigh) available for this programme with
version
'default' (try using --modes=)
ERROR: Failed to record 'BBC One - live (bbc_one)'

HOWEVER, at the time of posting,
"BBC One Live" RTMP stream was working...
I gained access to it the manual way:

http://pastebin.com/nBFXtine

So I'd say that all hope is not lost, yet...

> I should be able to fix for next release.

2.88 is still months away (I suppose...).
In the long run, if the live RTMP streams
are axed altogether, maybe a port to Perl
of AdobeHDS.php for use in conjuction
with GiP might be worthy of consideration...

Regards,
V.