Problem with downloading AD version for episode of Wolfblood

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 14:54:23 PDT 2014

On 21/10/2014 22:48, Timothy wrote:
> dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 21/10/2014 07:07, Timothy Wynn wrote:
>>> get_iplayer --subtitles --versions audiodescribed --pid b04jtt0w
>>> I get:
>>> INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
>>> INFO: No versions of this programme were selected (available versions:
>>> default)
>>
>> Works OK here
>
> You're right. It works fine now. I've no idea what was wrong earlier. It played
> fine on iPlayer but didn't go through with get_iplayer up to right before I sent
> the message off. Must have been a BBC bug somewhere.

The metadata does change sometimes, even days or weeks after broadcast.
  Most of the problem programmes reported so far have been from CBBC or
CBeebies, so maybe those programmes get some different treatment.  No
clue, really.

> How would the VPID value work? Would I need to specify version at all?

You can't use the vPID value with --pid.  I'll be adding another option
to get_iplayer to at least partially work around these problems with
screwy metadata.