Cache & History

Arthur Murray amurrayfsf at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 10:41:06 PDT 2014

Now that programs are available for 30 days are there any plans to update
the cache system so it doesn't delete items until the expiry date (or a
predefined 30 days), or some scheme like that?  Would there be any
downsides to such a scheme?  It would making searching (in the pvr/.cgi)
much more friendly & complete, especially for a series.

Also, history is _incredibly_ slow (in the .cgi with a large
download_history that I wish to keep), but I've no idea how to speed it
up.  There is a comment in the code that acknowledges that it is "Slow.
Needs to be faster" but does anyone have any coding idea on what the
bottleneck is and how it could be made faster?