posibility of editing the recording history

David WIDGERY widgery.david at orange.fr
Sat Oct 18 13:50:05 PDT 2014

Hi, just a quick question, not urgent as I know there are more important issues to deal with at the moment.

Is it possible to manually add or delete entry's in the recording history? I know I can override with --force but it is not always convenient when there are multiple programs of a similar name. I also download overnight and have discovered that the pid is not always correct if you wait several hours between searching for a pid and recording.

An example is I record pointless each night,

get_iplayer pointless --get

due to my poor connection I sometimes get an recording that has created an mp4 which is incomplete but the history thinks it has been recorded, it would be useful to be able to scrub the entry from the history so that it gets picked up again the next night.

I am using the Windows version of get_iplayer.

Dave