Another download issue.

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Mon Oct 13 18:48:46 PDT 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: dsanfor2 at comcast.net
To: Vangelis forthnet
Cc: get iplayer
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:03 AM (=EEST)
Subject: Re: Another download issue.

> And "Antiques Roadshow: Series 37-1. Hillsborough Castle"
> Will not Download keep getting error " Problem Unknown"

(For whatever reason, dsanfor2's e-mail only made it
to my inbox, as I'm not currently seeing it in the list archives...)

A search on iPlayerTV yields:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04j1pxb

This is currently available as a BSL (i.e. "signed" ) version, only:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04j1pxb/sign/antiques-roadshow-series-37-1-hillsborough-castle

Using the GIT HEAD version (git-c1c9c2e) of GiP,
this command works well:

get_iplayer --pid=b04j1pxb --modes=best --force

Although, TBH, I'm a bit puzzled as to why the addition of
--versions=signed wasn't necessary...

 You fail to provide any further useful info & your
e-mail address may suggest you are located in the US...
Anything could've gone awry...
 Read the instructions posted earlier in the thread on
how to get the GIT HEAD version of the script, if
you don't already have it...

Regards,
V.