Slow radio downloads - a bit off topic

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at skimble.plus.com
Wed Nov 19 10:36:15 PST 2014

Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net> writes:

> Did anyone check if your mysterious line drops and restarts coincided
> with the shifts of any particular cleaner? You know, the one that
> unplugged the dslam in order to plug the hoover in (don't laugh, crap
> like this happens).

I had the unfortunate experience of something very similar to this
happening. When I worked for HM Customs & Excise, 5 computers in my
section always crashed simultaneously at 1645, every day without
fail! I eventually tracked it down to one particular cleaner,
plugging in one particular vacuum cleaner into one particular socket!
The eventual solution was to user another socket on another wall,
and everything kept working!

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.4.1.0