Slow radio downloads

Dave Liquorice allsorts at howhill.com
Tue Nov 18 05:02:37 PST 2014

On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 06:27:36 +0000, Alan Milewczyk wrote:

>> No problems here at 06h15 - seems pretty much what I'm used to at this
>> time of the morning.

iPlayer is one of the few sites that can fully saturate our meagre 5 Mbps
ADSL connection anytime of day or night. No evening slow downs here...

> Thanks guys. Very odd, after a few hours of this strange behaviour, all
> of a sudden the radio download speeds went back to normal, just like
> someone turning the tap on fully.

Maybe they did, something "odd" happened here yesterday. Around about 1345
1415 we "lost the internet". Modem was still connected and had the right
numbers and was sending packets but ping or traceroute couldn't see anything
past the modems router. Reset the ADSL bit only and it all came good.

--
Cheers
Dave.