OT: reply-to [was Re: iplayer audio to lpcm]

Jim Lesurf jcgl at audiomisc.co.uk
Sat Nov 8 08:52:59 PST 2014

On 08 Nov, Stuart Henderson <stu at spacehopper.org> wrote:

> Just use reply all. If somebody doesn't like duplicates, they can go to
> http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/options/get_iplayer and set "Avoid
> duplicate copies of messages?" to yes.

I'll try that and see if it puts the *list* address in 'To'

> > Probably in the best part of a couple of dozen lists, all but two or
> > three set the Reply To: back to the list.

> It's the other way round for me, the majority of lists I'm on do not
> override Reply-To. On the whole, technical lists are less likely to do
> that.

In *every* other list I use I get the choice of reply to sender or reply to
list. When I choose reply to list, the list's address is in 'To' with no
cc.

But here I get just the sender in 'To' and the list in 'cc'. So this list
is sending out emails with headers unlike any other list I've used. Which
includes various 'technical' ones.

Jim