iplayer audio to lpcm

Owen Smith owen.smith at cantab.net
Sat Nov 8 07:36:13 PST 2014

I read most of my email on my iPad 3, I find it much more convenient than firing up my Windows laptop. I can use the iPad wherever in the house I happen to be. I doubt Apple are going to listen to my requests to change the email software, and anyway I don't agree it does anything wrong. It works fine with every other mailing list.

I'm conflicted about top or bottom posting. I agree bottom posting and inline replies make it easier to understand what is being replied to. But on the other hand if the email chain is long and no-one bothers to cut old replies out (most people don't, look at this list) you can end up scrolling past 10 pages of week old stuff before getting to the new part. Top posting at least avoids that.

I have a Raspberry Pi running a DNS cache, and I have a WHS v1 server for media and torrents. I could install an MTA on either of them, but that creates work for me to do. I write software and operate computers all week at work, at home I want them to intrude into my life as little as possible. They are tools to do a job at home, not something I get enjoyment fiddling with for the sake of it.

--
Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net>
Cambridge, UK