OT: reply-to [was Re: iplayer audio to lpcm]

Owen Smith owen.smith at cantab.net
Sat Nov 8 07:26:37 PST 2014

I can't remember the last time I wanted to send a private reply to someone on a mailing list, it isn't something I do.

And really, is it any less likely? If you're used to mailing lists that work this way, you press Reply to All automatically and suddenly the personal reply has gone to everyone.

Also I don't like the way Reply to All is To: the last poster and CC: the list. CC to me means for information only, I'm not expecting them to reply. To: is the people I am directing my question or whatever to. So not only do I have to remember to use Reply to All, I then have to go and edit the recipients to put get_iplayer in the To: line. Or does no-one but me care about the difference between To: and CC: any more?
--
Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net>
Cambridge, UK