iplayer audio to lpcm

Jim Lesurf jcgl at audiomisc.co.uk
Sat Nov 8 05:04:10 PST 2014

On 08 Nov, Stuart Henderson <stu at spacehopper.org> wrote:
> On 2014/11/08 09:47, Jim Lesurf wrote:

> > but not avcodec. (Or have I got its name wrong? Afraid I've forgotten
> > if my memory was ever much better than nowdays. :-) )

> The projects are ffmpeg and libav (a fork of ffmpeg). One of the
> libraries is named "libavcodec", the utility program is named "ffmpeg"
> or "avconf".  In use, they should be pretty much interchangeable.

Thanks. I'd forgotten/muddled the name as I'm just habituated to using
ffmpeg! :-) I guess I picked up the wrong name from seeing it mentioned in
library listings.

Would you expect the results from recent versions of ffmpeg and libav when
generating an LPCM file from an flv one to be different? I expect to test
this, but info from any previous tests would be useful. I presume the
source codes have a lot in common, but have no idea if any details may
differ for the main purpose here of flv -> LPCM.

Jim