Looks like Nitro isn't the way forward for open data - developer keys being revoked in one week :(

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 11:25:14 PST 2014

On 06/11/2014 14:35, Jonathan H wrote:
> I got a key, but the whole system seemed extremely flaky and
> undocumented. There was supposed to be a forum, but it had 3 old posts
> and no new postings ever got allowed through.

One of those 3 lonely posts pointed to some Nitro-based code developed
for http://atlas.metabroadcast.com (https://github.com/mbst/glycerin).
Looking through their source, it looks like Nitro might support the
kinds of queries that would be useful in a get_iplayer-friendly indexer.
  But knowing nothing about the actual data formats and performance,
that's pure speculation on my part.

> Additionally, email enquiries to the official help email went
> If anyone else applied for a Nitro key recently, have you got the same
> email? Doesn't look good, eh? A far cry from the initial enthusiastic
> "nitro is the future" press releases.

I'm a tiny bit jealous you actually got a key.  I tried twice before you
and just received a couple of brush-offs, as others have.  But to have
your key revoked?  That has the unmistakeable whiff of furious retrenchment.