Looks like Nitro isn't the way forward for open data - developer keys being revoked in one week :(

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 08:18:12 PST 2014

On 6 November 2014 15:49, Philip Colmer <philip at colmer.me.uk> wrote:

> To be fair to the BBC, the Nitro web pages do say that it is closed to the
> BBC at this point.

NOW they do, yes. This is a new thing.

> The email from David Beaton says that the Apigee
> developer key is being revoked. It doesn't mention a Nitro key.

I guess Apigee is the system behind Nitro - when I signed up, the
emails came from noreply at apigee.com

> I don't think that anyone outside the BBC has received a Nitro key yet.

When it first opened, sign up was available to anyone interested. I
can assure you that I definitely did!

See this screengrab:
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt296/lardconcepts/nitro_api.png

I notice, however, that although the iplayer-search-api key still says
"approved", the "nitro-Product" has changed to "pending".

I guess the other keys are the ones which will be revoked in a week. Ho hum.