PATCH addition of /usr/local/bin/ in 'get_iplayer.cgi'

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 16:14:41 PST 2014

Sorry, but your patch doesn't apply. A few things, for anyone who wants
to submit a patch to the list:

1. Don't expand the leading tabs to spaces. That's a no-no for
get_iplayer, and will cause the patch to fail as in this case.  In
general, you should follow the indentation convention for whatever code
you're patching.

2. Use "git send-email" to send your patch.  Don't paste it into the
composition window of your email client.  All I'm going to do is save
your message to a file and run "git am" on it. MIME escapes and line
wrapping will cause the patch to fail as in this case.  You shouldn't
expect the committer to reformat your code.

3. To get a feel for the entire process, send the patch to yourself,
save it to a file, and make sure it applies cleanly before you send to
the list.

In this case, there is no need to re-submit. I don't want to start a
merry-go-round for a one-liner.  I'll make this change myself at some point.