PVR "unwanted features"

Don Grunbaum don at grunbaum.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 11:47:53 PST 2014

> The data sources are different, so things may be named slightly
> differently now.  And of course some things may simply no longer be
> available. But not in this case.  You need to learn how to use all
> the search capabilities in get_iplayer. Use --fields=name,episode
> or --long to look for things beyond just the programme name.  To
> wit:
>
> get_iplayer --type tv --long "grand prix"
>
> Matches:
> 564: Formula 1 - 2014: The US Grand Prix Highlights, BBC Sport,
> Formula One,Motorsport,Sport, default, 0 days 3 hours ago - Suzi
> Perry with highlights of the US Grand Prix at the Circuit of the
> Americas in Texas.
> 565: Formula 1 - 2014: The US Grand Prix - Qualifying Highlights,
> BBC Sport, Formula One,Motorsport,Sport, default, 0 days 3 hours
> ago - Suzi Perry introduces highlights of qualifying for the US
> Grand Prix.

Having rebuilt my cache files from scratch, with the same command I
get 0 matches

> No radio results in sight.  Check your options file, presets,
> etc. --type=radio is creeping in somewhere

My options file contents:

fatfilename 1
whitespace 1
fileprefix <name> - <episode> - <firstbcastdate>
aactomp3 0
output v:\BBC iPlayer Recordings
modes best
subtitles 1

I will check other presets etc, but there wasn't a problem before the
changeover.

In gratitude

Don