Multiple pids - another way, in some cases

roadcone roadcone at gmx.com
Sun Nov 2 10:29:52 PST 2014

On 02/11/14 00:18, Nick Payne wrote:
> That method doesn't seem to work for me - for TV, anyway. For example,
> BBC4 have a number of blues programs available in their archive (see

). If I try to use the
> p01m79bn pid, I get the following:
>
>  >get_iplayer --pid=p01m79bn --pid-recursive --output
> D:\Users\Nick\Videos --tvmode=best
>
> get_iplayer v2.87, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
>    This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
> --warranty.
>    This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
> certain
>    conditions; use --conditions for details.
>
> WARNING: rdf URL contained no data
> WARNING: PID URL contained no RDF data. Trying to record PID directly.
> INFO: Trying pid: p01m79bn using type: tv
> INFO: Trying to stream pid using type tv
> INFO: pid not found in tv cache
> Matches:
>
> INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
> ERROR: Failed to get version pid metadata from iplayer site

Hello Nick,

Not tried this out lately on TV, but only on radio. If I try it on
Peaky Blinders:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b045fz8r

It lists both series, and provides a pid for each. If it try my
suggested command using the series 2 pid b04kkm8q then it tells
me that they are all in my download history.

If I try your pid then it fails, as you say.

So this is a mystery to me but it may be that the web page
you list is not a series page but a collection of several separate
programs, connected only by the subject matter.

Sorry I can't help further.

Clive