Shell script to get PIDs from schedules

Roger Bell_West roger at firedrake.org
Sun Nov 2 05:17:37 PST 2014

On Sun, Nov 02, 2014 at 08:52:09AM +0000, Chris Allison wrote:
>some good ideas there, but there is no need to scrape the web pages
>when all the schedule info you could possibly need is available in
>xml, json and yaml files at urls of this form:
>
>www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/programmes/schedules/fm/this_week.json
>www.bbc.co.uk/radio4extra/programmes/schedules/2014/11/1.json
>www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/programmes/schedules/last_week.json

Please check the headers you get back from any such request, though:

of all cease to be supported on a 24/7 basis, and will then cease
responding entirely. Nitro is the BBC's new API for programme data,
and can provide all the information previously provided by APS. Go
here to read more: http://developer.bbc.co.uk/nitro

It's nice to have for now, but I wouldn't go building any serious
infrastructure on it.

Roger